Jamal has always wondered why he is the outcast of his siblings. He wonders what caused his father to associate with all of his kids except for him. Jamal has always wanted to confront his father but feels only anger will show up then.
Jamal and his older sister sit outside on a playground bench in front of his sister’s house on a hot and humid day. They can hear little kids gasp of amazement at all the fireworks, as the boom like thunder. Everyone is outside today throughout the neighborhood that is made up of relative white houses, perfectly aligned, as though standing shoulder to shoulder. The siblings are having a conversation with one another that has taken a wrong turn.
“Why don’t you call him dad or father?” his sister asks.
“Cause I don’t.”
“I don’t see why we call him dad and you call him Black.”
“Cause he ain’t one to me like he is to ya’ll.”
“Well, it ain’t our fault my daddy and yo mama don’t get along.”
“Nobody said it was ya’ll fault.”
A white truck pulls into a parking lot, a tall man steps out of the car and approaches the bench and says, “Hey son.”
Carl was the only person on his block that ever committed such a crime. No one wanted to be his friend after what he did. He felt alone. When he went outside, everyone else went inside. They went back out after Carl went in. When he tried to speak to people, they just turned their backs to him and called him a creep or a psycho. Carl had just recently got back from the big house. He wanted to withdraw himself from the situation, desperately. While Carl sat silently on the front of his habitat, the wind whispered in his ear and he willed for himself to fade away.
I sat in school reading my G. I. JOE comic book. A muffled voice entered my ear I ignored it. I was too intrigued by the white ninja fighting his black brother. I felt a rather forceful tap on my shoulder, I felt threatened. I gave a quick shove not even looking at the person who tried to get my attention. I looked at the person, I was disgusted to see Jamal, the ugly black boy of class 106. “The teacher said I could see the book. She said you had it long enough,” he said. This negro must be joking like I would share my comic book with him. “Ok you can read it,” I said sarcastically. I handed the book to him. And he gladly attempted to reach for it. I couldn’t help but giggle at the fact that he really thought he was getting the book. He took the book, now was my chance. I dropped to the floor and whined as loud as I possibly could. “What is going in here,” the teacher said. She walked over to us and picked me up, oh so gently. “I was still reading the G. I. JOE book. A-And Jamal came over and took it from me and then he knocked me out of my chair.” Jamal’s face was priceless, he was so confused. I continued with my whining. The teacher grabbed Jamal’s arm forcefully. “Let’s see what the principal has to say about this.” She took the book away from him and gave it to me. Meanwhile, she took Jamal to the office. I think he’s lucky, he should’ve went to prison. When I got home I was expecting some dinner and a cupcake. Instead as soon as I walked through that door, I was swept off my feet by a ferocious hand to my face. As I sat on the floor, confused, wondering what I did wrong. I took a glance into the kitchen to see two negroes looking at me and one familiar, ugly looking black boy…
Eyes closed, I was moving fast, when I heard a heavy door open and the sounds of a train car rocking back and forth on the tracks. I wanted to keep aware of my surroundings so I opened one eye to see the visitor. Air sat in every seat. A tall man, bent over with a rough dirty gray beard on his face and multiple worn out coats that covered his body, in the summer. He held a cane in his left hand and a $1 McDonalds cup, which I assumed was empty except of the change that danced together inside in his right, he rattled it.
“Can anyone spare some, I’m too old to find a job, but too young to take death lying down.” A professional cup shaker I thought, and closed my eyes again. Listening still, until I could tell he was in front of me, I blindly reached into my pocket and pulled out 4 quarters and held them out, I smelled what seemed like someone who hadn’t showered in a few weeks, it wasn’t a bad smell though, it was just, a smell. Then I felt the rough touch of callused hands and unclipped finger nails scoop the pocket change from my hand.
“God bless the young brother, for even devoid of sight he sees one in need.” 87th is next, doors open on the left, at 87th “This is my stop,” I said to no one, I opened my eyes and the man was gone. “Must’ve moved on to the next car.” I said out loud stepping off the train Doors closing I walked up the dirty, crusted steps that led outside, brushed off my Levi jeans and Converse, straightened my white dress shirt looked up and saw my three friends , Bria, Steve and Richard, standing outside of the station. We walked down the polluted street, towards the theater; we were going to see “Transformers Rise of The Fallen” the lights flashed, green, yellow, red. The cars stopped, and as we began to cross, Richard patted me on the back.
“Hey, Preston you know I’m going to own the world one day right.”
I looked at the sky a moment, and wondered how someone could own the clouds.
Jason Rogers had been anticipating this moment for the whole week. He barely slept the whole week. He thought, why dream when I’m already living something that I’ve always wanted? Something bigger then even myself. At the same time nothing could prepare him for what was this upcoming Friday midnight sharp. All the long nights he had spent in the basement with his microphone. Not even all the writing he’s done since he was 12 could help him now. It’s all off the top of the dome. He understood that completely. He stared in the mirror at his face which had a shadow covering it due to the black hood he had covering his head. His dark blue Levi 504 jeans sagged just enough to see the brim of his Hanes boxers and his diamond studded cross bone skull belt buckle that loosely wrapped around the inside his belt hoops. He wore his white Ed Hardy T-Shirt with the skull on it. He wore his plain black hoody to show love for his crew. The black bandana tied around his head represented the same. He walked out the bath room ready to go. His heart was beating fast, as his adrenaline pumped in his chest, he was 17 about to do something that some people didn’t do for their whole lifetime. His loosely tied black and white high top Adidas made foot steps as he walked towards the stage to spot his well known opponent. His transformation from Jason Rogers to Jay Ruckus was about to begin.
Let me tell you something that you don’t hear a lot. I like the word pain not because it makes people cry, but because it has powerful meanings. It can stand for a lot of things. I can see you don’t understand what I am talking about so let me show you. Pain is a feeling no one wants because they can’t take the power that’s on their shoulders but for me pain is good. I might cry but to me that’s not a problem .When I cry the pain in me starts to leave because I let it all go and I don’t keep it locked up, besides if you don’t have the feeling of pain you will never know how good it feel to get it off your chest. Pain is a big meaning of life because without pain there’s no love and if there’s no love, life will haves no meaning, life is the most important thing .If someone asks you why do you cry you would say this one word ‘pain’ and then you would say I want it to leave but don’t let it go. Hold it like you were holding the love of your life. Most people do great things when they have pain. Like me I had so much pain in my heart that I wrote a story and look at me know am sitting in a college 4 years before I wanted to. So people in the world don’t give up just because life has kidnapped you and is about to take you for a ride but if keep fighting and kicking.You will kick the driver and then you would be free.I know your still thinking why you have pain and why do the worlds have to cry but the real thing you want to know is, why!
Jason Rogers had been anticipating this moment for the whole week. He barely slept the whole week. He thought, why dream when I’m already living something that I’ve always wanted? Something bigger then even myself. At the same time nothing could prepare him for what was this upcoming Friday midnight sharp. All the long nights he had spent in the basement with his microphone. Not even all the writing he’s done since he was 12 could help him now. It’s all off the top of the dome. He understood that completely. He stared in the mirror at his face which had a shadow covering it due to the black hood he had covering his head. His dark blue Levi 504 jeans sagged just enough to see the brim of his Hanes boxers and his diamond studded cross bone skull belt buckle that loosely wrapped around the inside his belt hoops. He wore his white Ed Hardy T-Shirt with the skull on it. He wore his plain black hoody to show love for his crew. The black bandana tied around his head represented the same. He walked out the bath room ready to go. His heart was beating fast, as his adrenaline pumped in his chest, he was 17 about to do something that some people didn’t do for their whole lifetime. His loosely tied black and white high top Adidas made foot steps as he walked towards the stage to spot his well known opponent. His transformation from Jason Rogers to Jay Ruckus was about to begin.
Jason’s opponent waiting on stage was a 19 year old rapper who was well known around his block of Compton, California. His name was Taylor Jones, MC name is Big Tay’, or just Tay’. He is known for his Compton like accent and his gangster related slang he uses, when he uses words he rarely finishes the whole word. He waited on stage with a grin on his face after he had gotten through destroying his opponent who represented for Baltimore. Taylor wore baggy black Dickie jeans that sagged almost down to the bottom of his red boxers. He wore no shirt as his body was marked with black and red tattoo ink, the tattoo that stood out most would have to be the cross tattooed under his right eye next to his nose. He had angel wings tattooed across his chest in a mix of black and red ink. The wings expanded all the way to his shoulders and the base of the wings stopped at the bottom of his chest. His arms were tattooed with demonic skull heads that covered of his arms. He wore red Chuck Taylors on his feet with black white shoe laces. He wore his red 59/50 New Era cap with the logo of a skull head with cross bones in white, though he wore it facing the back. Jay Ruckus had finally reached the stage as he stared into the eyes of Big Tay’.
The announcer began, “ Ladies and gentlemen, these two MCs have both gone through other MCs that repped for their states and demolished them all, giving them more reason to be here right now,” said the announcer, Jay Ruckus was bouncing around like a boxer as he pumped himself up, Big Tay’ remained calm, the announcer continued, “ over to my right, we got dis young brotha, reppin’ for Chicago, has defeated 24 MCs in this tournament just to get here, and put it down for the Chi, ladies and gentlemen, I give you , the Chicago Cubs reppin’, White Sox weapon, Bulls leading, and the Black Hawk scheming, Jay Ruckus!” Yelled the announcer as the crowd screamed and chanted ‘Ruck, Ruck, Ruck’ Repeatedly as they jumped around bumping into each other. The announcer began again, “And to my left, we got another young MC, his state has held down the tournament championship for 5 straight years ladies and gentlemen! All 5 years were won by 5 different MCs of Compton. Ladies and gentlemen, the Compton Pump, Big Tay’!” The crowd chanted and screamed as Big Tay’ motioned his arms up and down. The crowd finally calmed down after about 5 minutes straight of chanting “Comp-Ton, Comp-Ton, Comp-Ton,” for the battle was about to begin. Jay and Tay both looked each other in the eyes as the announcer explained the rules… no rules. Part 2
Jason knew that Big Tay’ would be taking full advantage of that rule. The announcer began again, “ok, so who finna go first,” the announcer had asked. Jason simply motioned his head toward Taylor while his arms were crossed. Big Tay’ gave his cocky grin and took the microphone out the announcer’s hand, then said, “Y’all messin’ with me right? I gotta face this dude here? Iight then whatever, just gimme dat prize money now, I got stuff to buy,” said Big Tay’ as he waited for the instrumental to play through the speakers and start flowing. Then the beat began, Tay’ seemed satisfied with the beat playing, for it was a West Coast like rhythm. The instrumental was from a song called Remedy, a song performed by another West Coast MC, The Game. Big Tay’ finally began, for he hadn’t hesitated to go straight in at Ruckus “ I ain’t Chicago fearin’ just Chicago killin’ on this Chicago chilla, and I’m the Compton Killa, known for the amazing, I fear no cops no matter if they chasin’, step out my dog pound or else get eaten! I’m hot spittin’ while you cold pukin’, I’ll call him Mr. Artificial musician, hear the true lesson your about to get lessened, truly, you don’t reallt know who you’re messin’, I’m on my mission and you ain’t worth my dissin’, no mistaking I’m the truth, untaken, you just got schooled I’m the master of educating, but real talk man you ain’t really worth this beef, oh my God, that was easy good grief,” Big tay finally ended his verse as he nonchalantly dropped the mic at Jay’s feet as he walked away. The crowd erupted, with indistinctive noise and cheering and chatter, Ruckus looked shaken up as he tried to piece together what just happened. Yo! Did I just get demolished? Naw, naw naw no not me! That’s cool though, I got something for him. The announcer began speaking again, “Woahhhh, unbelievable, I’m just so amazed that Tay’ hasn’t used a curse word in that whole verse! Come Ruckus, you better have something for this cat, dawg he just went all over ya! Here take the mic, let’s get busy,” he said as he handed Jason the microphone, Jason calmly waited for the beat to play out the speakers, when the beat came on he couldn’t believe his ears! It was a beat that he had done plenty of times. It was the beat from Say You Will by Kanye West. Jay Ruckus quickly began, “Hello, Mr. Jones, it very nice to meet you, I’m your worst and I’m about to eat you, but first I’m ‘bout to cook you, slice you, chew you and swallow you, nah, never mind I’ll just end up puking you. Therefore, I’m more then you can handle, yeah you can say I’m your girlfriend’s vandal, ‘cause when I met her she dropped her flannel,” the crowd erupted with “ooooos” and screams as he continued to flow, “ oh and by the way I didn’t like the way you dissed me, honestly, you could’ve done better to impress me. You don’t want beef you’ll only end up grounded beef, to think you actually had a flow that sounds nice, maybe next time you should just beg on ya knees, don’t mess with the dog if you don’t want his flees,” he dropped the mic as the crowd erupted in cheers for his verse was finished. With no warning, the announcer brought Jason the trophy as Big Tay’ was cursing in frustration as he stomped on his hat continuously. It definitely showed that Jason is a true champion.
We, the Brother Authors, will seek to use language to define who we are, build and nurture resilient beings, write for the benefit of others and ourselves, and use language prudently and unapologetically to mark our time and mark our lives.
This, we agree to, with a steadfast commitment to the ideals of justice, compassion, and a better humanity for all.
To this end, we write!
Table of Contents
Home Broadsides Against America's Concrete - Alfred W. Tatum
Children's Stories
I Want To Be... Alfred W. Tatum
Live With Your Eyes Open - BA 10 Blind - BA 8
First Three Chapter of Our Novels
Khalil's Letters - Alfred W. Tatum
The Voice of Words - BA 4 Psychological Trauma - BA 2 Predicted - BA 1 Black Wall - BA 8 Ethiopia - BA 2 Fool Me Once, Shame On You - BA 11 The Friend of The Nine - BA 1 The Lucille Gibson Guitar - BA 5 The Wind You Can Feel - BA 10 The Torture of Inhuman Souls - BA 12
Black Shorts Informed By Facts/Research My Daddy's Shrine - Alfred W. Tatum War Blood Fire Shame - BA 10
Short Stories Following Brother Author Visit Never-Ending Walk - BA 1 DEAR GOD, LET ME EXPLAIN - BA 10 Father Moment - BA 2 One Dollar Short - Parts 1-3 - BA 12 Crash Collision: The Come-up - Parts 1-3 BA 11 Ugly Black Boy - BA 5
Black Shorts - Building Momentum Outcast - BA 2 Fade Away - BA 6 Ugly Black Boy - BA 5 One Dollar Short - BA 12 Crash Collision: The Come-Up BA 11 When How Who Where why BA 10
Black Shorts Not So Strange After All - Alfred W. Tatum Midnight - BA 9
Last Stand/Call to Action/Deathbed Broadsides
Until... -- Alfred W. Tatum
Untitled - BA 12
The Man On The Bunk Bed - BA 5
Love Diamonds - BA 12
99 Problems But Fighting's Not One - BA 11
Autumn Message - BA 12
Stop - BA 7
Running Back - BA 2
Staying Together - BA 10
Day Of Death - BA 9
Her End - BA 4
Distraught Image - BA 1
Cry Of A Bad Man - BA 3
Slave Boy - BA 5
Embrace Literature - BA 12 Reflections - BA 6
Facts and Names Broadsides
Hut Boy - Alfred W. Tatum
Caged Animal - BA 1
Minority Majority - BA 2
11 And Counting - BA 11
Kebra Nagast - BA 12
BC - BA 6
Nastradamus The Empire - BA 12
Black In America - BA 3
Black or Black - BA 10
I Hate My Race - BA 2
Let's Talk Stereotypes - BA 11
Black People - BA 5
Black Education - BA 8
Untitled- BA 4
Barrier - BA 4 South - BA 9
A.D. - Brother Author 6
YBA Poetic Broadsides Week 1
Measuring Up - Alfred W. Tatum
Don't Graffiti Me - BA 12
Paint Me The Color Of A Nation - BA 12
Same old, same old - BA 11
Population in America - BA 9
A Story In The Sun - BA 4
Black Male - BA 8
Innocent Bystanders - BA 2
I Know They're Saggin !!!!! - BA 1
Black Males - BA 7
The Jungle - BA 3
Murder Capital - BA 6
How Do You See Big People - BA 10
Me - BA 5 No More (Sub)ways - Alfred W. Tatum
Word, Line, Paragraph of the Week
Young Brother Authors Have Written The Following:
"For me, I never could look in someone's eyes and see happiness when they look at me." - LB
"Just like the bulldog spirit, we will come back with a lot of bite." - DM
"I believe that I shine when he shines." JD
"Going to school that doesn't prepare you for college is another problem." - RB
"The true name of the slab of rock unknown, God-given." PD
"They leave my image distraught Will it return to default?" TS
"Maybe, he forgot how to love me the way he used to... I will be ready for him when he returns." AWT
"We write with no regret." DM
But the one thing you will never get is my pen because without it I'm nothing. LB
..if we rid ourselves of the imperfect, assuming we are perfect, then won’t we be normal? If there is no superiority factor, nothing to be above, then how can we call ourselves perfect if there is no longer a sense of imperfect? - PD
"I hear a deep piercing bang and then nothing…………" KJ
"Embarrassed, feels as if he let his race down, he proved the majority right… " - TS
"Looking back at my childhood I thank God I was blessed but can’t help to think about others who were not." KJ
"So, when I turn to dust don't let my writing turn to ashes." LB
Featured Brother and Sister Authors
Haki Madhubuti - Day 1
Claude McKay - Day 1
Paul Laurence Dunbar - Day 2
Kevin Powell - Day 3 Richard Wright - Day 4 Dave Stovall - Day 5
Walter Dean Myers - Day 6 Gwendolyn Brooks - Day 7 Ellis Cose - Day 8 Jacqueline Woodson - Day 9
Brother Author #2
ReplyDelete7/7/09
Outcast
Jamal has always wondered why he is the outcast of his siblings. He wonders what caused his father to associate with all of his kids except for him. Jamal has always wanted to confront his father but feels only anger will show up then.
Jamal and his older sister sit outside on a playground bench in front of his sister’s house on a hot and humid day. They can hear little kids gasp of amazement at all the fireworks, as the boom like thunder. Everyone is outside today throughout the neighborhood that is made up of relative white houses, perfectly aligned, as though standing shoulder to shoulder. The siblings are having a conversation with one another that has taken a wrong turn.
“Why don’t you call him dad or father?” his sister asks.
“Cause I don’t.”
“I don’t see why we call him dad and you call him Black.”
“Cause he ain’t one to me like he is to ya’ll.”
“Well, it ain’t our fault my daddy and yo mama don’t get along.”
“Nobody said it was ya’ll fault.”
A white truck pulls into a parking lot, a tall man steps out of the car and approaches the bench and says, “Hey son.”
FADE AWAY
ReplyDeleteCarl was the only person on his block that ever committed such a crime. No one wanted to be his friend after what he did. He felt alone. When he went outside, everyone else went inside. They went back out after Carl went in. When he tried to speak to people, they just turned their backs to him and called him a creep or a psycho. Carl had just recently got back from the big house. He wanted to withdraw himself from the situation, desperately. While Carl sat silently on the front of his habitat, the wind whispered in his ear and he willed for himself to fade away.
Ugly black boy
ReplyDeleteBy: Bro. Author 5
I sat in school reading my G. I. JOE comic book. A muffled voice entered my ear I ignored it. I was too intrigued by the white ninja fighting his black brother. I felt a rather forceful tap on my shoulder, I felt threatened. I gave a quick shove not even looking at the person who tried to get my attention. I looked at the person, I was disgusted to see Jamal, the ugly black boy of class 106.
“The teacher said I could see the book. She said you had it long enough,” he said.
This negro must be joking like I would share my comic book with him.
“Ok you can read it,” I said sarcastically.
I handed the book to him. And he gladly attempted to reach for it. I couldn’t help but giggle at the fact that he really thought he was getting the book. He took the book, now was my chance. I dropped to the floor and whined as loud as I possibly could.
“What is going in here,” the teacher said.
She walked over to us and picked me up, oh so gently.
“I was still reading the G. I. JOE book. A-And Jamal came over and took it from me and then he knocked me out of my chair.”
Jamal’s face was priceless, he was so confused. I continued with my whining. The teacher grabbed Jamal’s arm forcefully.
“Let’s see what the principal has to say about this.”
She took the book away from him and gave it to me. Meanwhile, she took Jamal to the office. I think he’s lucky, he should’ve went to prison. When I got home I was expecting some dinner and a cupcake. Instead as soon as I walked through that door, I was swept off my feet by a ferocious hand to my face. As I sat on the floor, confused, wondering what I did wrong. I took a glance into the kitchen to see two negroes looking at me and one familiar, ugly looking black boy…
One Dollar Short
ReplyDeleteEyes closed, I was moving fast, when I heard a heavy door open and the sounds of a train car rocking back and forth on the tracks. I wanted to keep aware of my surroundings so I opened one eye to see the visitor. Air sat in every seat. A tall man, bent over with a rough dirty gray beard on his face and multiple worn out coats that covered his body, in the summer. He held a cane in his left hand and a $1 McDonalds cup, which I assumed was empty except of the change that danced together inside in his right, he rattled it.
“Can anyone spare some, I’m too old to find a job, but too young to take death lying down.”
A professional cup shaker I thought, and closed my eyes again. Listening still, until I could tell he was in front of me, I blindly reached into my pocket and pulled out 4 quarters and held them out, I smelled what seemed like someone who hadn’t showered in a few weeks, it wasn’t a bad smell though, it was just, a smell. Then I felt the rough touch of callused hands and unclipped finger nails scoop the pocket change from my hand.
“God bless the young brother, for even devoid of sight he sees one in need.”
87th is next, doors open on the left, at 87th
“This is my stop,” I said to no one, I opened my eyes and the man was gone.
“Must’ve moved on to the next car.” I said out loud stepping off the train
Doors closing
I walked up the dirty, crusted steps that led outside, brushed off my Levi jeans and Converse, straightened my white dress shirt looked up and saw my three friends , Bria, Steve and Richard, standing outside of the station. We walked down the polluted street, towards the theater; we were going to see “Transformers Rise of The Fallen” the lights flashed, green, yellow, red. The cars stopped, and as we began to cross, Richard patted me on the back.
“Hey, Preston you know I’m going to own the world one day right.”
I looked at the sky a moment, and wondered how someone could own the clouds.
Crash Collision: The come-up
ReplyDeleteBrother Author #11
Jason Rogers had been anticipating this moment for the whole week. He barely slept the whole week. He thought, why dream when I’m already living something that I’ve always wanted? Something bigger then even myself. At the same time nothing could prepare him for what was this upcoming Friday midnight sharp. All the long nights he had spent in the basement with his microphone. Not even all the writing he’s done since he was 12 could help him now. It’s all off the top of the dome. He understood that completely. He stared in the mirror at his face which had a shadow covering it due to the black hood he had covering his head. His dark blue Levi 504 jeans sagged just enough to see the brim of his Hanes boxers and his diamond studded cross bone skull belt buckle that loosely wrapped around the inside his belt hoops. He wore his white Ed Hardy T-Shirt with the skull on it. He wore his plain black hoody to show love for his crew. The black bandana tied around his head represented the same.
He walked out the bath room ready to go. His heart was beating fast, as his adrenaline pumped in his chest, he was 17 about to do something that some people didn’t do for their whole lifetime. His loosely tied black and white high top Adidas made foot steps as he walked towards the stage to spot his well known opponent. His transformation from Jason Rogers to Jay Ruckus was about to begin.
Brother author 10
ReplyDeleteWhen How Who Where
why
Let me tell you something that you don’t hear a lot. I like the word pain not because it makes people cry, but because it has powerful meanings. It can stand for a lot of things. I can see you don’t understand what I am talking about so let me show you. Pain is a feeling no one wants because they can’t take the power that’s on their shoulders but for me pain is good. I might cry but to me that’s not a problem .When I cry the pain in me starts to leave because I let it all go and I don’t keep it locked up, besides if you don’t have the feeling of pain you will never know how good it feel to get it off your chest. Pain is a big meaning of life because without pain there’s no love and if there’s no love, life will haves no meaning, life is the most important thing .If someone asks you why do you cry you would say this one word ‘pain’ and then you would say I want it to leave but don’t let it go. Hold it like you were holding the love of your life. Most people do great things when they have pain. Like me I had so much pain in my heart that I wrote a story and look at me know am sitting in a college 4 years before I wanted to. So people in the world don’t give up just because life has kidnapped you and is about to take you for a ride but if keep fighting and kicking.You will kick the driver and then you would be free.I know your still thinking why you have pain and why do the worlds have to cry but the real thing you want to know is, why!
Crash Collision: The come-up
ReplyDeleteBrother Author #11
Jason Rogers had been anticipating this moment for the whole week. He barely slept the whole week. He thought, why dream when I’m already living something that I’ve always wanted? Something bigger then even myself. At the same time nothing could prepare him for what was this upcoming Friday midnight sharp. All the long nights he had spent in the basement with his microphone. Not even all the writing he’s done since he was 12 could help him now. It’s all off the top of the dome. He understood that completely. He stared in the mirror at his face which had a shadow covering it due to the black hood he had covering his head. His dark blue Levi 504 jeans sagged just enough to see the brim of his Hanes boxers and his diamond studded cross bone skull belt buckle that loosely wrapped around the inside his belt hoops. He wore his white Ed Hardy T-Shirt with the skull on it. He wore his plain black hoody to show love for his crew. The black bandana tied around his head represented the same.
He walked out the bath room ready to go. His heart was beating fast, as his adrenaline pumped in his chest, he was 17 about to do something that some people didn’t do for their whole lifetime. His loosely tied black and white high top Adidas made foot steps as he walked towards the stage to spot his well known opponent. His transformation from Jason Rogers to Jay Ruckus was about to begin.
Jason’s opponent waiting on stage was a 19 year old rapper who was well known around his block of Compton, California. His name was Taylor Jones, MC name is Big Tay’, or just Tay’. He is known for his Compton like accent and his gangster related slang he uses, when he uses words he rarely finishes the whole word. He waited on stage with a grin on his face after he had gotten through destroying his opponent who represented for Baltimore. Taylor wore baggy black Dickie jeans that sagged almost down to the bottom of his red boxers. He wore no shirt as his body was marked with black and red tattoo ink, the tattoo that stood out most would have to be the cross tattooed under his right eye next to his nose. He had angel wings tattooed across his chest in a mix of black and red ink. The wings expanded all the way to his shoulders and the base of the wings stopped at the bottom of his chest. His arms were tattooed with demonic skull heads that covered of his arms. He wore red Chuck Taylors on his feet with black white shoe laces. He wore his red 59/50 New Era cap with the logo of a skull head with cross bones in white, though he wore it facing the back. Jay Ruckus had finally reached the stage as he stared into the eyes of Big Tay’.
Brother Author # 11 part 1
The announcer began, “ Ladies and gentlemen, these two MCs have both gone through other MCs that repped for their states and demolished them all, giving them more reason to be here right now,” said the announcer, Jay Ruckus was bouncing around like a boxer as he pumped himself up, Big Tay’ remained calm, the announcer continued, “ over to my right, we got dis young brotha, reppin’ for Chicago, has defeated 24 MCs in this tournament just to get here, and put it down for the Chi, ladies and gentlemen, I give you , the Chicago Cubs reppin’, White Sox weapon, Bulls leading, and the Black Hawk scheming, Jay Ruckus!” Yelled the announcer as the crowd screamed and chanted ‘Ruck, Ruck, Ruck’
ReplyDeleteRepeatedly as they jumped around bumping into each other. The announcer began again, “And to my left, we got another young MC, his state has held down the tournament championship for 5 straight years ladies and gentlemen! All 5 years were won by 5 different MCs of Compton. Ladies and gentlemen, the Compton Pump, Big Tay’!” The crowd chanted and screamed as Big Tay’ motioned his arms up and down. The crowd finally calmed down after about 5 minutes straight of chanting “Comp-Ton, Comp-Ton, Comp-Ton,” for the battle was about to begin. Jay and Tay both looked each other in the eyes as the announcer explained the rules… no rules.
Part 2
Jason knew that Big Tay’ would be taking full advantage of that rule. The announcer began again, “ok, so who finna go first,” the announcer had asked. Jason simply motioned his head toward Taylor while his arms were crossed. Big Tay’ gave his cocky grin and took the microphone out the announcer’s hand, then said, “Y’all messin’ with me right? I gotta face this dude here? Iight then whatever, just gimme dat prize money now, I got stuff to buy,” said Big Tay’ as he waited for the instrumental to play through the speakers and start flowing. Then the beat began, Tay’ seemed satisfied with the beat playing, for it was a West Coast like rhythm. The instrumental was from a song called Remedy, a song performed by another West Coast MC, The Game. Big Tay’ finally began, for he hadn’t hesitated to go straight in at Ruckus “ I ain’t Chicago fearin’ just Chicago killin’ on this Chicago chilla, and I’m the Compton Killa, known for the amazing, I fear no cops no matter if they chasin’, step out my dog pound or else get eaten! I’m hot spittin’ while you cold pukin’, I’ll call him Mr. Artificial musician, hear the true lesson your about to get lessened, truly, you don’t reallt know who you’re messin’, I’m on my mission and you ain’t worth my dissin’, no mistaking I’m the truth, untaken, you just got schooled I’m the master of educating, but real talk man you ain’t really worth this beef, oh my God, that was easy good grief,” Big tay finally ended his verse as he nonchalantly dropped the mic at Jay’s feet as he walked away. The crowd erupted, with indistinctive noise and cheering and chatter, Ruckus looked shaken up as he tried to piece together what just happened. Yo! Did I just get demolished? Naw, naw naw no not me! That’s cool though, I got something for him. The announcer began speaking again, “Woahhhh, unbelievable, I’m just so amazed that Tay’ hasn’t used a curse word in that whole verse! Come Ruckus, you better have something for this cat, dawg he just went all over ya! Here take the mic, let’s get busy,” he said as he handed Jason the microphone, Jason calmly waited for the beat to play out the speakers, when the beat came on he couldn’t believe his ears! It was a beat that he had done plenty of times. It was the beat from Say You Will by Kanye West. Jay Ruckus quickly began, “Hello, Mr. Jones, it very nice to meet you, I’m your worst and I’m about to eat you, but first I’m ‘bout to cook you, slice you, chew you and swallow you, nah, never mind I’ll just end up puking you. Therefore, I’m more then you can handle, yeah you can say I’m your girlfriend’s vandal, ‘cause when I met her she dropped her flannel,” the crowd erupted with “ooooos” and screams as he continued to flow, “ oh and by the way I didn’t like the way you dissed me, honestly, you could’ve done better to impress me. You don’t want beef you’ll only end up grounded beef, to think you actually had a flow that sounds nice, maybe next time you should just beg on ya knees, don’t mess with the dog if you don’t want his flees,” he dropped the mic as the crowd erupted in cheers for his verse was finished. With no warning, the announcer brought Jason the trophy as Big Tay’ was cursing in frustration as he stomped on his hat continuously. It definitely showed that Jason is a true champion.
ReplyDelete